A little Chrystal

A little Chrystal
Love her!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wowzers, Whitman

My goodness...what a movie, what a life, what a man! Walt Whitman was a man who strove so hard to do great things for people--to find that greater good, and he didn't even know that he was that greater good, and that he himself, was completely unique because he didn't just say; he did. What a beautiful man. Wow. Now, his writing I'll be getting deeper into as I lay down in bed tonight, but simply reading through it has not really done much for me because it's a little too...something, I can't quite put my finger on it. For one thing it's long winded, like Will said in class. Now that I've seen his biography, though I'm pretty sure I'll be able to understand it better. How amazing that our two first big writers were never appreciated until after their deaths? Two dozen copies of "Leaves of Grass" were sold in his lifetime, and there are millions of copies circulating now...think about that! Through his life of doing good and writing it down, trying hard and writing it down, struggling and writing it down...he was building his own immortality--but he knew it. Gosh. I was really impressed and I wish that I wasn't so sickly right now because I would babble for an eternity, but if I'm going to drag myself to class tomorrow, I'd better go to bed so i can kick this cold, which is making me feel awfully zombie-esque.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better, Chrystal! G

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I didn't mean to put the "G" at the end...it was an accident...just thought I'd clarify that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Name...That...Author!!!

Name...That...Author!!!
Hmm...mustache

dark and mysterious

To be...Or not to be...