A little Chrystal

A little Chrystal
Love her!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some V-Day Reading

So this weekend, my husband did the sweetest thing on earth and sent me on a two day escape to a cabin out in the middle of nowhere towards Montana with a bunch of middle-aged, menopausal hens who cracked me up from dusk 'til dawn, and who poured beer and liquor down my throat for hours on end...woo, I hadn't done that in quite sometime, as a baby sort of hinders your party life :)


The last night there, though, I was kind of a party pooper because I was having Morgan withdrawals, so I curled up with some literature and got my read on! I read quite a range--some of Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography for my Am Lit I class, I finished Chaucer's 'The Miller's Tale' in middle English for Goode's Briterature class, and finally some smokingly great poetry by a new (to me) poet named Sarah M. B. Piatt. My favorite by Piatt was hands down, Shapes of a Soul, in which the author tells her husband that over her dead body will he have married this saint of a woman...she is not a gentle housewife, but rather a ravenous tiger, wild and crazy. I loved it!


I judge a great writer on their ability to inspire me to write, which she has done. I needed to get some poetry out of my head, so next on the agenda: a little poetry from yours, truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name...That...Author!!!

Name...That...Author!!!
Hmm...mustache

dark and mysterious

To be...Or not to be...