A little Chrystal

A little Chrystal
Love her!

Friday, January 30, 2009

My Best Friend is an Answering Machine


I couldn’t breathe without you here
But now you’re gone and I have to say I care
I don’t know why you push me so far away
Either way I want to bitch cuz it’s not fair

I live with just our memories
I call day and night--you never answer
When I’m so hurt I want to reach to you
I feel my screams seem like a whisper

And now I feel after all these years
That we were nothing but a dream
Because my best friend in the world
Is an answering machine

I have my husband
I have my baby girl
But you’ve always been there
Through every triumph in the world

And now you’re gone
I can’t possibly get you back
Is there something that you need
That somewhere I must lack

Through the drugs,
through the smoke and lies
You can tell me you're so busy
I don't believe your alibies

Boston College is so expensive
and your education is supreme
If you feel that I'm unimportant
I feel my best friend is now an answering machine....


~To Mathew Caldwell, my best friend who has become my "friendly stranger" (the next poem to come) since he traveled to Spain for his schooling. Next he's off to the Columbian stock exchange...good for him...but he's my best friend, but I'm selfish. He's always been the only one to understand me, even when, back in the day when I thought I was gay. He may be, but apparently I'm not :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Name...That...Author!!!

Name...That...Author!!!
Hmm...mustache

dark and mysterious

To be...Or not to be...