A little Chrystal

A little Chrystal
Love her!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blossom










She is the first true love I ever knew besides her father
Don't want to be apart, but I study so I can be her provider
But there's something ripping me apart
Because all day I'm not beside her
And the tears well up and they pour onto the wheel
Of the car that I'm steering down this road.
The lines are all a blur but I somehow make it through
as my shoulders crumble beneath the weight of my load.
But I'm coming to her now, to bring her home where she belongs
I choke down my tears so I can finish up the songs,
The love I feel for her proves some God up there is awesome
I just wish, my child that for just one day, she wouldn't blossom.

I've lost track of how much she's learned since I'm in college
I was keeping a tab, but she's overflown with knowledge
Somedays I feel like she's running away
But she's nowhere near that yet-hasn't gained that priveledge
Daycare is a thief, now stealing my time now with finesse
Nobody knows it but I'm an emotional mess
For the first time not seeing her sprout each day
Has me holding myself together less and less,
But when I see her in the evenings, I fall in love again,
And when I wake up in the mornings, I know that will never end
My Morgan Baby, MoJo, my fingers, I will cross them
That at least you'll take your time...wait for me to blossom.


A work in progress.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name...That...Author!!!

Name...That...Author!!!
Hmm...mustache

dark and mysterious

To be...Or not to be...